I currently train a range of individuals and companies based in the Rhein-Main region and other parts of Germany, as well as online using specialised meeting and training software.
I have years of experience teaching English at world-renown companies such as Adidas, AXA, Commerzbank, Henkel and Unilever in Germany and Russia, as well as dozens of individuals. I would be thrilled to help you develop you communication skills in English wherever you are!
Face-to-face and Online
Although I spend most of my time in Koblenz, Rheinland-Pfalz, some of my training takes place in places as remote as Bonn and even Frankfurt. My clients are private individuals, companies and language schools. I use some cutting-edge tools for online training, which allows me to teach individuals and groups of up to 6 people all over the world.
Topics and Goals
All of the following topics are available both in online and in face-to-face contexts, to individuals, groups and corporate clients.
- Effective meetings and negotiations
- Telephoning, skyping and telephone conferences
- Presentations and public speaking skills
- Networking skills and small talk in English
- Communication Basics
- Getting Fluent and Overcoming Blockages
- Vocabulary 101: Learning your first few hundred words and expressions
- Language Elements: The Basics of English Grammar
For Intermediate Learners
- ‘Open Your Ears’. Fast-track to understanding native speakers (and beyond)
- Mastering expression. Communicating emotions and shades of meaning in English.
- ‘How would you say?’ Translate any expression from your mother tongue in less than 20 seconds and don’t rely on expert speakers for correction.
- Achieving accuracy and making fewer mistakes in writing and in speech
- The system of English grammar
English for Job-Hunting
- Processing and understanding job descriptions
- Writing a CV that sells
- Application forms and cover letters
- Job interview preparation
- Phone calls, making small talk with recruiters, discussing salary etc
English for IT specialists
- Developing your reading skills: understanding professional forum posts, docs etc
- Technical writing. Producing documentation that is easy to read. Docs, specs, comments etc
- Taking part in professional meetings and conferences.
- (New!) Internet chatting skills for work (using Slack and similar systems in English)
International Certified Examinations
- TOEFL / IELTS / TOEIC / PTE Academic
- Cambridge English: Key, Preliminary, First, Advanced, Proficiency
- BEC, BULATS
- ILEC, ICFE
- GMAT Verbal
- Language support for ACCA, CFA and other professional certification programmes
For Language Teachers and Business Trainers
- Teaching one-to-one
- Group dynamics, pairwork activities and games
- Getting your students to speak English in the class
- Teaching vocabulary, grammar, pronunciation and discourse
- Teaching Listening. What’s the difference between listening practice and skill development?
- How to motivate your students to read more?
- Developing writing and translation skills
- Applied psychology and language training
- Course planning and syllabus design
- One-to-one supervision for language trainers. I watch / listen to a recording of your class and give you detailed feedback and recommendations.